Hizumitas was designed for the one and only Wata from the legendary experimental band Boris, one of the heaviest bands ever to come out of Japan. The trio of guitar sorceress Wata, drummer and vocalist Atsuo, and double-neck bassist, guitarist and vocalist Takeshi has almost 100 releases filled with genre and brain-melting music.
Hizumitas is a faithful recreation of Wata's go-to distortion pedal, the Elk BM Sustainar. The Elk is a Japanese variant of the very well-known ‘Triangle’ BMP. The designers at EQD tried several vintage BMP's during development, found that each pedal was wildly different and realised that to truly capture the magic they needed the original. Wata graciously sent her beloved pedal halfway around the world, and EQD discovered that it had something special the others didn't have: heavy saturation with a gritty edge and massive bottom while maintaining a clear and dynamic tone with enough mids and top end to cut through any sludge. The studious wizards at EQD have built all of those characteristics into the Hizumitas.
- Faithful sonic recreation of Wata from Boris’ crushing go-to fuzz: the Elk BM Sustainar
- Offers loads of heavy distortion and smooth sustain with an underlying grit
- Excellent response to different pickup types and playing dynamics
- Unique Tone and Sustain controls greatly impact the distortion’s character
- Offers plenty of output Volume — unity is around 9–10 o’clock; everything above that is set to destroy
- All-analogue signal path
- True bypass
- Silent relay-based switching