PreSonus Eris E5 Monitors (each)
When you’re ready to get serious about recording, it’s time to step up to PreSonus Eris-series studio monitors. Cheap computer speakers and home-stereo speakers won’t reveal the truth about your mix. They aren’t designed for that.
In contrast, Eris speakers are real studio monitors, delivering a very accurate response with a tight bass and very clear upper end. That’s what you need in a home studio.
The E5 sports a 5.25-inch, Kevlar low-frequency driver, mated with a 45W, Class AB amplifier; and a 1-inch (25 mm), silk-dome tweeter powered by a 35W, Class AB amplifier. It can crank out a clean 102 dB SPL, peak. Frequency response is rated at 53 Hz to 22 kHz.
Eris E5 provides balanced XLR, balanced ¼” TRS, and unbalanced RCA line-level inputs. When both balanced connections are in use, the TRS input will supersede the XLR input. The RCA input is summed into the signal path.
With this selection, you’ll have no problem hooking your Eris E5s up with virtually any line-level source. (If your signal source has unbalanced, ¼” TS outputs, simply use a ¼”-to-RCA adapter or adapter cable.)
- 5.25-inch Kevlar® low-frequency transducer
- 1-inch (25 mm), ultra-low-mass, silk-dome, high-frequency transducer
- 70 watt, Class AB bi-amplification
- Front-firing acoustic port for superior bass-frequency reproduction
- Midrange (±6 dB, continuously variable), HF (±6 dB, continuously variable), High-Pass (Off, 80 Hz, 100 Hz) and Acoustic Space settings (flat, -2, -4 dB) for accurate mixing contour
- RF interference, output current limiting, over-temperature, transient, and subsonic protection
- Optimised, resonance-suppressing internal bracing
- Balanced XLR/¼-inch and unbalanced RCA inputs
- 102 dB maximum continuous SPL